How To Access ILR With UK Residency By Investment
A UK residency by investment gives investors a plethora of benefits from better economic opportunities to high-quality education for their kids. However, another benefit that comes in the picture is the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. After spending 2,3, or 5 years in the UK with an investor visa, investors are eligible to apply for indefinite entrusts to stay in the country. This is basically an extension of their stay in the UK, which primarily depends on the preliminary UK investor visa and the amount of initial investment.
ILR with the UK Immigration Investment Visa
There are certain conditions a UK immigration investment visa holder must fulfill before applying for UK ILR. They must have acquired the Tier 1 investor visa before November 2014 for achieving uncertain entrust to remain in the Tier 1 category. The 3 major prerequisites ask for investors to:
- Have a loan, not less than ₤1 million in their own name.
- Maintain their financial investment during the whole stay as a resident.
- Spend 2 years (for an investment of ₤10 million), 3 years (for an investment of ₤5million), or 5 years(for an investment of ₤1 million) in the UK as a Tier 1 investor.
If the investors acquired the visa for UK residency by investment between 6 November 2014 and 28 March 2019, they are still eligible to apply for UK ILR. In this case, Investor must :
- Have a loan, not less than ₤2 million in their own name.
- Make the financial investment no earlier than 12 months before the date of application.
- Have maintained that investment during the whole period of the stay
Applying for ILR with UK Residency By Investment Program
Investors can apply for the Tier 1 investor after staying in the country for 5 years. However, if they maintain an investment of ₤5 million or ₤10 million, they can apply after 3 or 2 years, respectively. Investors can apply 28 days before the qualifying period. In order to qualify for ILR, investors need to at least 180 days in any kind under the qualifying timeline of 2,3 or 5 years.
If you’re looking to become a UK resident and enjoy ILR in the country, applying for a UK investment immigration visa is the right choice. Sunset Visa is a leading immigration investment company that can help you get a second residency in the UK in hassle-free steps. Contact us today.